Re: cvs head has lots of test failures

Wu Zhou wrote:
Quoting Elena Zannoni <ezannoni@redhat.com>:

Mark Wielaard writes:

 > We really need an autobuilder to catch such things early.

We really need people to run make check before checking stuff in.
Please folks be considerate to your fellow coders...

That might not be enough. People might be working on a older source tree. My idea is to do a cvs merge before attempting to check in codes. And run "make check" on that tree instead.
I agree with Elena, and note that it is both established best practice and part of test driven development. Developers need to both confirm that:

- a clean check-out passes
- adding a new test, that without other changes, has just that test failing
- adding the changes cause both the new test to start passing, and the existing tests continue passing

If bringing frysk up on a new ISA, where many tests may be failing, then this means confirming changes don't break the base isa (i386).

Andrew