This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the frysk project.
Re: [patch] Add "-lbfd -liberty" for "-lopcode" only on ppc/ppc64
- From: Wu Zhou <woodzltc at cn dot ibm dot com>
- To: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at cn dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: frysk <frysk at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 22:35:19 -0400
- Subject: Re: [patch] Add "-lbfd -liberty" for "-lopcode" only on ppc/ppc64
- References: <20060802052811.GG29289@GreenHouse.cn.ibm.com>
Any comments on this patch? It is frustrated to find that we can't
build frysk on our platforms each time we check out the cvs tree. :-)
We believe this is a general solution at this time, if we are still
planning to use opcode in frysk. Any long term dicision made on this?
Quoting Yao Qi <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
As mentioned by Wu in
item 2, the workaround for libopcode on ppc/ppc64 is that check the
target platform, and add "-lbfd -liberty" for "-lopcode" if the target
is ppc or ppc64; if not, nothing changed.
2006-08-02 Yao Qi <email@example.com>
* m4/frysk_libopcode.m4: New file and define FRYSK_LIBOPCODE.
* acinclude.m4: Call FRYSK_LIBOPCODE.
* frysk-core/Makefile.am: Append "-lbfd -liberty" per macro USE_LIBOPCODES.
* frysk-gui/Makefile.am: Likewise.
* frysk-gtk/Makefile.am: Likewise.
* frysk-imports/Makefile.am: Likewise.
* frysk-sys/Makefile.am: Likewise.
We are pleased to make contributions to elfutils to replace
binutils/bfd here, but currently, this patch could ensure that frsysk
could be built on ppc/ppc64 without applying any our local patches
Test this patch on PPC64 and X86, OK to commit? Thanks a lot!
- Wu Zhou