EventViewer and time.

I've been thinking about how the eventviewer represents events and I
think in terms of a time-line it does this too realistically. What I
mean by this is that if there is 10 seconds of time between event "a"
and event "b", and 5 seconds of time between event "b" and event "c",
then we will see event "a", a large gap, event "b", a smaller gap, event
"c".

This seems natural, however when debugging for the most part we don't
really care how much time is between each pair of events, we just want
to know that event "a" happened, then event "b" then event "c". (or "c"
then "b" and we see the race condition that we were looking for for
example.)

So is anybody really set on having realistic time differences between
events or can I start switching it over to have a set amount of space
between each event. I don't want events to overlap, so if an event
happens then each trace will move forward one space to decide where to
put an event.

So previously if thread A forked, then waited 10 seconds, then thread B
cloned, wait 5 seconds,  and thread A exited we would see:

I propose:

Any thoughts?