Re: Permission to task and proc

In "Create a Frysk session" when FryskSessionDruid start up, all the processes in "Available Process Groups" box are owned by the currenty user,
and process owned by other users are not listed. I read
frysk-gui/frysk/gui/druid/CreateFryskSessionDruid.java, but still not
know how these processes filtered. Could anybody here clarify it for
me?
You should take a look at GuiProc.java. There is a function there called isOwned
which does the filtering you described. There are a lot of data models using this function
to do filtering. So you can search of references to isOwned.

As for filtering at a lower level in the core. I think that a user should still be able
to see a process that they do not own. This way they know to switch user or
run as root to be able to debug that process. But if no one agrees then I am not
against filtering in the core.