2009-09-29 Status

Last week + today
-----------------

Time spent on elfutils: ~50%

writer:
* Emit .debug_ranges
* Emit .debug_loc
* dwarfcmp ./a.out ./a.out.out now works

It's on pmachata/dwarf-writer.

* Merge in dwarf branch.

* Make dwarfcmp work for bigger files.

* We can't optimize certain references right away.  For these we now
pick the biggest form available.  We could shrink these fields
afterwards.  But the codebase is not ready for this, e.g. gaps have to
be able to move, size of ElfData has to be patched, etc.  So work on
preparing these bits, they will be useful later.

PM