Re: release soonish

On Mon, 2012-02-13 at 10:48 -0800, Roland McGrath wrote:
> I don't know of any other issues off hand.  What I usually did for past
> releases was locally change the version number in configure.ac and do a
> 'make distcheck', then use that tarball for a Fedora srpm.  Then send that
> srpm for scratch builds in all the live Fedora and RHEL builders.  That
> shakes out things like new elflint complaints from tool changes on ppc or
> s390.  When all that stuff comes up green, then there's probably nothing
> else to wait for.

That is a nice trick. Nick Clifton was nice enough to push Richard
Henderson's fix into the fedora binutils package and I did the above
koji scratch builds for x86-rawhide, x86_64-rawhide, armv5tel-f17,
armv7hl-f17, ppc-rawhide, ppc64-rawhide, s390-f17 and s390x-f17, all
came up green, all tests PASS, except for the s390x-f17 one which did
have the newer gcc 4.7-prerelease but not yet the fixed binutils (only
the symtab symbol st_value out of bounds check failed, which is expected
in that case). So I think we are good to go (depending on whether or not
that make distcheck test fail thingy is a real issue or not).

Cheers,

Mark