Re: [Patch] Add configure --enable-valgrind option to run all tests under valgrind.

On Tue, 2012-09-25 at 16:39 +0200, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> It seems beneficial to run the testcases under valgrind to find some
> memory issues. This patch adds a new configure option --enable-valgrind
> that makes it so that all tests run under valgrind and fail if valgrind
> finds an memory issue (it succeeds with my latest two patches).

I pushed this new configure option to trunk, plus the two fixes for the
issues pointed out by valgrind. It is disabled by default because make
check will be pretty slow under valgrind (takes 10 minutes on my
machine), but please do try it out if you are hacking a lot on elfutils,
it might actually point out some otherwise hard to track down corner
cases with usage of freed or undefined memory. It is only enabled for
make distcheck so that before a release the whole testsuite is ran under
valgrind.

Thanks,

Mark