Re: libdw patch for .debug_types iteration

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 01:05:55PM -0600, Tom Tromey wrote:

> Mark> This looks correct to me. And I saw your systemtap patch that adds a
> Mark> testcase for it. But I would like Roland to take a look too, because
> Mark> he wrote the original dwarf_next_unit () support.
>
> Ok.
>
> I can write an elfutils test as well if you want.

Since you have the test binary from the systemtap case already that
would be nice. Just add the binary as a testfileNN.bz2 under test and
follow the cargo cult from one of the simple run-foobar.sh wrappers.

. $srcdir/test-subr.sh
testfiles testfileNN
testrun ./yourtestcase testfileNN

> Mark> P.S. Your message was base64 encoded and had some extra lines (saying
> Mark> just "Tom") in from of the actual patch, which made git am apply your
> Mark> commit funny. So if you could resend it (with the copyright year update
> Mark> for libdw/libdw_findcu.c) that would be great.
>
> I'll try to work it out somehow.  I'm actually not sure what to do.

Your other patches seem to have came out fine.
If all else fails just just git-send-mail or attach the output of
git-format-patch (in plain text, not encoded please).

> Or I could make my branch available somewhere if you want to pull from
> it.  Or even push to the elfutils repository if you want to go that
> route.

Roland added you to the elfutils group which should make it possible
for you to add a branch to git directly. Though I still like reviewing
patches through email myself.

Thanks,

Mark