Re: dwarflint vs C++

03.07.2009 21:53, Roland McGrath wrote:
>> That should be 1-byte range.  I've introduced the [,) notation, it's on
>> the branch.  The alignment is now also considered.
>
> Thanks, this looks much better.  I assume that these "section coverage"
> checks are only for inside the ranges covered by some CU?  (I guess they
> must be, or it would have complained about the crt1.o text.)

It checks all EXECINSTR | ALLOC sections for coverage.
If you point me to crt1.o with debuginfo, I can see if it works, and fix
it accordingly, but those that I can get my hands on are debuginfo-less.

> Now I am getting this (for src/addr2line):
>
> error: .debug_aranges: arange 0x10 (CU DIE 11): couldn't find a section that the range [0x40149c, 0x40236c) covers.

Stupid thinko in my last commit.  It skipped all relevant sections.

> (BTW, I think that is a "CU DIE %d" that wants to be a %#x.)

That's done so because -waranges outputs it as %d.

PM