Re: pmachata.threads branch status

> I found a couple cases in libelf that look like they need some extra
> locking.  I assumed that the client has control over the lifetime of Elf
> structures, which is to say that I didn't try to fix the race between
> releasing memory allocated for struct Elf in one thread, and trying to
> lock the same Elf in other thread.

Right.  If elf_end was called on the last ref, then any other simultaneous
call on the same Elf handle is invalid.

> The changes are on pmachata.threads branch.

I forked your branch after the libelf-only changes, added in the one later
libelf commit and a nit tweak of my own, and put that on the new temporary
branch "com.redhat.elfutils.roland.pending.libelf-threads".  I then
propagated that to com.redhat.elfutils.pmachata.threads so your later
merging should be happy.

If it looks OK to Uli, .roland.pending.libelf-threads can be merged to the
trunk now.  I'd like to separate that from reviewing the libdw work.

Thanks,
Roland