Status 2009-03-23

= Work done last week:

      * Time spent on elfutils: ~80%

      * Mass testing.  My debuginfo tree got somehow screwed up, and the
test failed on file-not-found errors quite often.  Some files that were
supposed to be .debug.bz2 were plain .debug.  Eventually got fed up with
having to manually compress fails and re-launch the test each time
around, and wrote a small script that found all such files and zipped them.

        ** In first round, I was focusing on catastrophic failures.  The
test yielded two if I recall.

        ** In second round, I was actually looking at error messages.
At the beginning, almost literally all packages had failures.  I
revisited each case that I found, and either confirmed that the file is
indeed buggy, or fixed dwarflint otherwise.  Messages that were too
frequent ended up in exclusions file.  I used that to grep -vf dwarflint
output.

        ** By friday afternoon, after fixing a handful of bugs, I had
dwarflint in a sort of stable point, where it didn't file thousands of
(bogus) failures per hour, so I let it run and went home.  The test
eventually finished with "too many symlinks" error, and 31998 filed
failures.

= Work scheduled next:

      * Expected time spent on elfutils: 80%.
      * Finish mass testing.
      * Roland, what's the next big item on our list?

PM