Re: Fwd: ACTION REQUIRED: Important changes to Fedora translation workflow

Hi -

roland wrote:

> [...]  If we were to put elfutils.pot into git, then there would
> need to be some policy or convention about when to regenerate and
> commit it.  If that's not done more often than at release time, it
> doesn't make much difference to have it there vs only in the
> released tarballs. [...]

The problem with that is that then translations are always one release
behind.  If one does commit regenerated .pot's with regularity,
translators have a chance to be up-to-date by the time a release pops
out.

The process of transifexizing a process is well described under
<http://help.transifex.net/user-guide/client/client-0.4.html> and
nearby.  The gist of it is that, after a one-time setup ...

  % tx init [...]
  % tx set [...] # to create a .tx/config file that should be
                 # git-pushed into the elfutils repo (may I?)
  % tx push -t   # to push translations from git to transifex for merging

... a person with transifex & elfutils accounts can:

  % cd ..../elfutils-working-tree
  % tx push -s   # to push updated po/elfutils.pot to transifex
  % tx pull      # to pull updated translations from transifex into our tree
  % git commit ...; git push

- FChE