Re: dwarflint

11.09.2010 00:54, Roland McGrath wrote:
>> check_debug_aranges
>>
>>    We saw cases in the wild where an arange entry was terminated early.
>>    That is, the 0,0 entry occurred before the end of the particular
>>    arange buffer.  There is a bug, maybe closed, in Red Hat bugzilla for
>>    this.

That would get a citation for unnecessary padding (with zero or non-zero
bytes, depending on where it is) and probably also for addresses covered
with CUs, but not with aranges.  I've added a test case for that now,
just to be sure.

>>    Consider checking that every CU has an arange entry.
>>    This is not strictly required, but it is nicer for consumers.
>>    ISTR filing a bug about this in GCC bugzilla.
>
> I think this comes under what we call "connectivity" checks, and might be
> done already.  .debug_aranges should be deriveable from scratch from the

It wasn't but is now.  It emits a warning in --strict.

> DIE trees (and our writer/compressor will always do that and ignore the
> original contents).  So I think we already intend to compare the data
> completely to what we would build from scratch.  Petr should know if any
> parts of that checking are still missing.

Up until now we checked that aranges cover everything that's claimed by
CUs.  Now I've added the reciprocal check, that looks whether CU claims
match what aranges cover.

PM