Re: Spam on the list

On Tue, 2010-06-01 at 12:02 +0200, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> I am not for closing the list. Just for filtering out the spam before it
> gets forwarded by the list. Other lists get this right, they are open
> for everybody to post to, and filter out spam, so it never reaches the
> subscribers. Just place spamassassin, or some other spam filter, before
> the mailman handler.

So it looks like spamassassin is actually ran on fedorahosted before the
mails hit mailman. So I added a header_filter_rules: "X-spam-status:
Yes.*" under Mailman, Privacy options, Spam filters. This seems to weed
out the majority of spam. Hopefully this solves most of the trouble for
now. If too much spam still slips through let me know and I'll see if we
can tweak some more.

Cheers,

Mark