Re: i386.mnemonics

Thank you Roland and Frank,

I have successfully make elfutils, but the "ld" still give me problem
when I tried to compile ANYTHING (for example, linux kernel, or
systemtap too) - in particular here is "make oldconfig":

  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/conf.o
scripts/kconfig/conf.c: In function ‘check_stdin’:
scripts/kconfig/conf.c:77: warning: format not a string literal and no
format arguments
scripts/kconfig/conf.c:78: warning: format not a string literal and no
format arguments
scripts/kconfig/conf.c:79: warning: format not a string literal and no
format arguments
scripts/kconfig/conf.c: In function ‘conf_askvalue’:
scripts/kconfig/conf.c:89: warning: format not a string literal and no
format arguments
scripts/kconfig/conf.c: In function ‘conf_choice’:
scripts/kconfig/conf.c:286: warning: format not a string literal and
no format arguments
scripts/kconfig/conf.c: In function ‘check_conf’:
scripts/kconfig/conf.c:432: warning: format not a string literal and
no format arguments
scripts/kconfig/conf.c: In function ‘main’:
scripts/kconfig/conf.c:495: warning: format not a string literal and
no format arguments
scripts/kconfig/conf.c:574: warning: format not a string literal and
no format arguments
scripts/kconfig/conf.c:626: warning: format not a string literal and
no format arguments
scripts/kconfig/conf.c:630: warning: format not a string literal and
no format arguments
scripts/kconfig/conf.c:641: warning: format not a string literal and
no format arguments
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/kxgettext.o
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.o
  HOSTLD  scripts/kconfig/conf
/usr/local/bin/ld: unknown option `-z relro'
/usr/local/bin/ld: cannot load ld backend library
'libld_elf_x86_64.so': libld_elf_x86_64.so: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [scripts/kconfig/conf] Error 1
make: *** [oldconfig] Error 2

If I remove all the generated binaries (from elfutils compilation) in
/usr/local/bin and /usr/local/lib all compilation will succeed as
normal.

--
Regards,
Peter Teoh