elfutils status 2009-2-2

Sorry for delayed report, I was really out of it early this week.

Last week:

Actual time on elfutils: 80%

* attr value interfaces
** misc fixes
** lines
** location/location lists
** dwarf_edit counterpart
*** now complete for copying purposes, modulo: macinfo, pubnames, refs
** germinating plan for references
*** iterator for value type
*** interfile equality and copying require non-generic solution
    -> contemplating parameterizing by "reference resolver" class

This week:

Expected time on elfutils: 10%

* review

There was a meeting last week at which it was acknowledged that the
debuginfo revamp is not going to make Fedora 11.  It was always an
extremely aggressive schedule, even with the most generous estimates of how
late in the Fedora cycle we could be done.  So it's not really a surprise
that we won't make this cycle, though I was glad to act like we might and
concentrate on fast progress.  This takes some of the immediate pressure
off since we don't have a target deadline looming very soon.
Unfortunately, I will not be keeping up quite the same pace in my
contributions because I need now to give some neglected other projects
their fair share of my time.  But I still want to keep up the momentum and
try to hit all the same marks as soon as we can, not let it all slide all
the way into the next cycle.

Thanks,
Roland