This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
[Bug debuginfod/25628] client should cache negative results
- From: "amerey at redhat dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2020 20:30:46 +0000
- Subject: [Bug debuginfod/25628] client should cache negative results
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #2 from Aaron Merey <amerey at redhat dot com> ---
(In reply to Frank Ch. Eigler from comment #1)
> debuginfod misses are pretty quick tho - maybe it's harmless? If these are
> to be cached, they shouldn't be cached too long, as the data could appear
Some delay is noticeable when doing multiple queries over a short time. Usually
harmless but I think control over this may improve user experience. Another
config file could be added to the top level of the cache to control how long to
wait until querying the server again for these files. If we are worried about
missing server updates then a default of 0 may be appropriate.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.