This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
Re: Build without .so files
- From: Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp dot org>
- To: Romain GEISSLER <romain dot geissler at amadeus dot com>
- Cc: "elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org" <elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 21:24:45 +0100
- Subject: Re: Build without .so files
- References: <D136B72C-9315-4360-A841-C2751A861B22@amadeus.com>
On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 11:51:41AM +0000, Romain GEISSLER wrote:
> It looks like last year a change was merge removing the need to dlopen the backend libraries .
Yes, this is part of the 0.178 release.
> Right now, even if I configure with flags like "—disable-shared
> --enable-static" it seems that I still endup with .so files and that
> tools like eu-readelf depend on it. So what is the official way
> today to have a fully static build ?
There is none. Sorry.
> I saw BUILD_STATIC in
> configure.ac, but it seems to be enabled only for gcov/gprof
> builds. Would it make sense to take —disable-shared here ?
Yes, that might make sense. It isn't really tested much though. So
someone would have to carefully audit the build files to see if it
really works as intended.