This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
[Bug debuginfod/25502] debuginfod client should default to XDG cache
- From: "tromey at sourceware dot org" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2020 18:52:01 +0000
- Subject: [Bug debuginfod/25502] debuginfod client should default to XDG cache
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #6 from Tom Tromey <tromey at sourceware dot org> ---
> I think it's fair to default to XDG_CACHE_HOME since if the database is
> particularly important to a user they'll probably just specify its location
> like Mark said.
FWIW I only really care about the behavior on the client side.
I think for a server making a database, it would be reasonable to just
require the user specify some location; or default to ".". IMO there's
no real reason to use some XDG directory in this situation.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.