Re: contrasting elfutils debuginfod and clr-debug-info server

Hi, Arjan -

> >                      clear-linux                                elfutils
> >
> > indexed             by filename                                by buildid

> actually the clear side provides both build id and filename, the
> tools on the client (gdb and the like) try buildid first, and fall
> back to filename, and we just do both

AIUI that works by using the "/usr/lib/debug/.build-id/HE/XCODE" as the
key, i.e., the build-id as a file name.

> one of our requirements was that the server side is just "flat http
> files" so that no active components exist on the server (so that
> CDNs and mirrors scale this out with low friction)

Yup, that makes sense.  In our case, aggressive caching with frontend
CDNs should also be possible, but staging the data whole at a CDN is
not so easy.

- FChE