This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
[Bug debuginfod/25375] New: optimization: speculative fdcache'ing of peers in decompressed archive
- From: "fche at redhat dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2020 02:46:20 +0000
- Subject: [Bug debuginfod/25375] New: optimization: speculative fdcache'ing of peers in decompressed archive
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
Bug ID: 25375
Summary: optimization: speculative fdcache'ing of peers in
Assignee: unassigned at sourceware dot org
Reporter: fche at redhat dot com
CC: elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org
Target Milestone: ---
Consider a systemtap test run against debuginfod. There are some test cases
that ask for probes of numerous kernel modules. Each of these is submitted to
debuginfod - sequentially - and each one can result in a separate rpm2cpio job
to decompress the same kernel-debuginfo rpm.
We should consider adding an option to fdcache with the effect that: if we're
decompressing an archive for a genuine request, anticipate that there may be
near-future requests for other files in the archive, and therefore decompress &
intern them all in fdcache. This would trade fdcache storage space for
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.