This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
[Bug debuginfod/25368] New: handle native golang buildids
- From: "fche at redhat dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2020 19:48:24 +0000
- Subject: [Bug debuginfod/25368] New: handle native golang buildids
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
Bug ID: 25368
Summary: handle native golang buildids
Assignee: unassigned at sourceware dot org
Reporter: fche at redhat dot com
CC: elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org
Target Milestone: ---
Native golang puts unique buildids into a .note.go.buildid section, with a much
longer textual string than our normal 20-byte blob. debuginfod would need to
add these to the index, and golang debuginfo consumers would have to learn to
pass it. hex-encoding the textual golang buildid should make it fit right into
the webapi, instead of worrying about '/' characters embedded inside.
RHEL packaged golang binaries get a normal gnu-style buildid also as a part of
package postprocessing, so this functionality may not be required there.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.