This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
Re: [PATCH] readelf: Print DW_AT_data_member_location as decimal offset, not hex number.
- From: Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp dot org>
- To: elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2019 23:32:54 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] readelf: Print DW_AT_data_member_location as decimal offset, not hex number.
- References: <email@example.com>
On Wed, Apr 03, 2019 at 04:54:15PM +0200, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> The data_member_location attribute was printed as a hex number, but other
> constant attributes like bit_offset, byte_size or alignment were printed
> as decimal numbers. This is confusing.
> The reason that data_member_location was printed as hex seemed to have
> been because it could also have been a location description, in which
> case it might have been of DW_FORM_loclist, for which it makes sense
> to print as hex offset (between square brackets).
Pushed to master.