This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: ecos and redboot same IP address
- From: Grant Edwards <grante at visi dot com>
- To: ecos-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 19:49:39 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: [ECOS] Re: ecos and redboot same IP address
- References: <20080929190543.D6E1DAAFE7@mx5.tvnet.hu>
On 2008-09-29, email@example.com <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I know, the ecos and the redboot must have different IP
> address, if use GDB or start the the application download from
> redboot command line.
> Can the ecos and the redboot have same ip address, if I don't
> use GDB and the application loaded from flash?
That's how my eCos-based products are configured. My version
of RedBoot has been customized so that it gets it's IP
configuration from the same serial-EEPROM that my applications
Grant Edwards grante Yow! PUNK ROCK!! DISCO
at DUCK!! BIRTH CONTROL!!
Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ecos
and search the list archive: http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss