This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: Any adive on using Boost++ on eCos?
- From: Andrew Lunn <andrew at lunn dot ch>
- To: Papa Legba <Papa dot Legba dot 666 at gmail dot com>
- Cc: ecos-discuss at ecos dot sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 11:54:44 +0200
- Subject: Re: [ECOS] Any adive on using Boost++ on eCos?
- References: <email@example.com>
On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 02:43:44AM -0700, Papa Legba wrote:
> The title says it all... any advice, pointers to web sites, etc, etc?
> Looking to switch away from VxWorks (eCos looks ideal) and at the same time
> use the Boost++ State machine classes.
I'm no C++ programmer, so do verify everything i say...
eCos does not support full C++. In particular exceptions are
missing. A couple of people have made some hacks to get this to work,
look in the archive.
If you are prepared to pay some money eCosCentric have a version of
eCos with full C++ support. Getting Boost to work on top of that is
probably much easier way to go.
Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ecos
and search the list archive: http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss