This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: Re: Looking in a future: VCS for eCos 3.0
- From: Frank Pagliughi <fpagliughi at mindspring dot com>
- To: Grant Edwards <grante at visi dot com>
- Cc: ecos-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 11:41:44 -0400
- Subject: Re: [ECOS] Re: Looking in a future: VCS for eCos 3.0
- References: <20080827145131.GA12261@ubuntu.local> <48B7FFC9.7040605@eCosCentric.com> <20080829160552.GA23722@ubuntu.local> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
One thing to consider, as well, is the planned development & release
cycle going forward. Will eCos go back to a periodic, stable release
cycle (where the source-controlled code is considered relatively
unstable), or continue with occasional major releases, where most people
access the head of the development tree? I ask, because I would like to
see a way that we could provide for multiple developers to collaborate
on a new feature, or a way to distribute an "experimental" package for
test and comment before committing it to the main trunk.
Currently, it can get difficult e-mailing patches back and forth, and
this is exactly the problem that source control systems solved for us.
Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ecos
and search the list archive: http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss