RE: Re[2]: kernel massage through sid simulator

I think Pintu Mehta has the wrong idea about SID. SID is a hardware platform
emulator on which you run whatever executables will run on the target. This
may be eCos, which in turn may be running a multi-tasking application. Or it
may be uClinux, or just a simple embedded application which does not use an
operating system at all.

Therefore SID itself does not produce 'kernel messages'. If it were running
Linux, and there was a clearly assigned terminal on the platform to which
kernal messages are emitted, it is there you would see the kernel messages.
Any 'drives' would also have to be emulated in the SID environment.

I'm not sure what Pintu Mehta is trying to achieve but it might also be
worth looking at Bochs (http://bochs.sourceforge.net/) or if he is wanting a
platform for eCos, the synthetic linux target or even the straight i386
target for eCos.

Robert Cragie, Design Engineer
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT,  UK
http://www.jennic.com  Tel: +44 (0) 114 281 2655