Re: old release of RedBoot and ixdp2801 processor

Hi Gary,

> Note: the 'thing' called eCos 2.0 is now more than 4 years old.  We truly
> only work from the "current" CVS tree.

In that case I will try with CVS, but I have some questions:

1) Why there is no release? Is CVS version always stable?

2) Where is the documentation about compiling ecos/RedBoot? In the User
Guide there is only link to the main site, and on main site there is
nothing about compilation

3) There is something strange with this CVS, near end of "checkout" it
deletes some files from repository, for example when I want to download
historical version (with -D option), it downloads more than 100MB, then
near finish it deletes lots of files and final tree takes only about 60MB,
do you know something about it? Because it deletes xscale stuff for
example...

> These numbers only mean something to Intel - eCos [hence, RedBoot] did not
> make such release numbers.  If you want historical versions that came from
> Intel, I'm afraid that you'll have to get them from Intel as they did not
> send their stuff to our repository in times past.

I have source code of Intel version. What is need is official version of
Redboot from this time, to compare them.

--
Jacek Poplawski
Software Engineer

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential and is designated solely for the attention of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, copy, distribute or retain this e-mail or any part thereof. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all copies of this e-mail from your computer system(s).
Please direct any additional queries to: communications@s3group.com.
Thank You.