No RedBoot network after app start?

Hi,

I have a RedBoot that replies to pings when it is waiting at the command prompt and the user hasn't started typing ( _rb_gets blocks until enter is pressed ). I then load my application:

  load -r -b 0x40000 app.bin
  go 0x40000

At this point my simple 'Hello World' displays its text. In the meantime the RedBoot stops replying to pings. My application is:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <sys/types.h>

externC int  diag_printf( const char *fmt, ... );

int main( int argc, char * argv[] )
{
    diag_printf("Hello world 1\n");
    diag_printf("Hello world 2\n");
    diag_printf("Hello world 3\n");
    diag_printf("Hello world 4\n");
    diag_printf("Hello world 5\n");
}

Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong. My RedBoot is set up to be a 'ROM Monitor'. We are using an Adder II (MPC852T) based board.

Andre