x86 port

Hi all,

I have been trying to get the serial ports to work on
the PC X86 platform. Although the program detects the
/dev/ser0 and /dev/ser1 devices, however, when I try
to read/write data to serial port on either of these
using iowrite ("dev/ser0/1",..,..), It is not able to
get or send data to the attached hyper terminal.
Hyper Terminal is set up for no Flow Control and is
connected to the COM2 of the target PC running ecos.
COM1 is connected to the Host PC.

Target serial port configuration for serial port is as
follows:

Device name for PC serial port 0 - /dev/ser0
Device name for PC serial port 1 - /dev/ser1
INT for PC serial port 36
Flow control - None

Am I missing some configuration parameters?

Thanks,
Baljeet