Re: load data from floppy

davidw@dedasys.com (David N. Welton) writes:

> Nick Garnett <nickg@ecoscentric.com> writes:
>
> > > I'm having a go at making a floppy driver, but it doesn't appear
> > > to be particularly simple:-/
>
> > I seem to recall that the PC floppy hardware is really nasty to
> > program. IDE is a doddle by comparison.
>
> You're right.  It's a very unpleasant interface.
>
> I managed to beat the relevant Minix code into shape to do what I
> need.  Would this be of any interest to you guys?  I'm sure it needs
> an expert hand to really bring it up to snuff, but it does work for
> reading a floppy.  The license is the new BSD-style Minix license.

It would certainly be worth looking at. We also need to make sure that
way you are using it matches with the (currently very vague) ideas I
have about how block devices should work. There are also issues of
packaging, configuration and coding style to worry about.

As for the license -- this needs to be looked at by someone who can
assess it properly (not me!).