synthetic target

Hi all,

I'm still working on the systhetic target driver for
the ethernet device and I'm having a problem.

I have built ecos (linux synthetic target) with a
ethernet device eth0 which has IP 10.1.1.10/24.
I have built the host site tool rawether and it
is suid root.
In the file ethernet.tdf I have typed:
eth0 ethertap tap0
In this way the eth0 ecos device is mappend on the
tap0 linux device, right?

On the linux side I have created two scripts in
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts: ifcfg-tap0 and
ifcfg-tap1
tap0 has IP 10.1.1.10/24
tap1 has IP 10.1.1.1/24
I have alos enabled the IP forwarding.

I have created a simple ecos application that creates a socket and
connects to 10.1.1.1:4444.
There is a linux application listening on port 4444.

I do the following:
1) start the server application
2) start the ecos application (client)
When the ecos application starts I can see on the screen
all the information of the eth0 device that are ok, but the
connect fails. The rawether is not running and if I try to
start it manually it sets up the tap1 device (not tap0 as
it is configured).

Where is the problem?
Thanks
Stefano