Re: RedBoot + Configuration tool 2.11 question

Andrew,

Now I understood your mail. I did try to talk to Intel. I have not successful so far.

Could you please suggest options so that I can try to fix it myself.

Thanks in advance.

regards
G.Muruganandam

At 11:39 PM 7/29/2003 +0200, Andrew Lunn wrote:
On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 02:18:50PM -0700, G.Muruganandam wrote:

> Andrew,
>
> I did not understand your answer regarding the version name. I have the
> Xscale processor's reference code that the version name as v1_24.
>
> Here is the absolute path name.
>
> \Xscale\redBootMon\redboot-src\packages\redboot\v1_24\src
>
> Please provide me more details as what is wrong?

Its not necessarily wrong, just different. Code that is from anoncvs
from sources.redhat.com uses "current" for the version name. Or the
eCos 2.0 release made a couple of months ago has the name v2_0. v1_24
is not a release the eCos maintainers made.

My guess is that Intel have forked eCos and made a release from there
fork and delivered it to you. If the linker script is broken, it could
be that Intel that broke it. Intel do not contribute there changes to
eCos back. So we know little about this release. You might need to
contact Intel and ask them for help.

Andrew