Re: how to contribute

Andrew,

andrew.lunn@ascom.ch wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 02:01:26PM +0200, Armando Visconti wrote:
> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > I developed a device driver for a USB 2.0 controller
> > in form of a package.
>
> By controller do you mean the HOST end?

No, it's on device side ... I'm talking about the UDC_AHB subsytem
developed by inSIlicon. It consists of a USB 2.0 core plus an AHB
wrapper with DMA.

We also have an IP coming from inSilicon which is a USB  1.1 host
controller, but for the moment we do not have plans to make the
driver for ecos ...

> > Even after reading the proper
> > FAQ I do not understand how to contribute back
> > to the ecos community with my work.
> >
> > Is there anybody who could tell me how?
>
> There are two things you need to do.
>
> 1) Organize an assignment. See
>    http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/assign.html.  You only need to do
>    this once.
>
> 2) Post the driver to ecos-patches. Once there we will take a look at
>    the code and decide what if anything needs changing before it can
>    be accepted into the eCos repository.
>
> You can do 2) without 1) and we will comment on the code, but it
> cannot be accepted into the repository until the assignment is
> completed.

OK, thanks.

At the moment I almost completed the testing on the evaluation board.
When I'll be ready  I will do 2 and 1.

Thanks again,
    Armando.

>         Andrew
>
> --

 Armando Visconti         Cellular: +39 340 9239426
 SW Engineer              Fax:      +39 02 93519702
 Printer Division         Work:     +39 02 93519683
 ST Microelectronics      <armando.visconti@st.com>

 via Tolomeo, 1
 Cornaredo (MI) - 20010
 ITALY

begin:vcard
n:Visconti;Armando
tel;cell:+39 340 9239426
tel;fax:+39 02 93519702
tel;work:+39 02 93519683
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:ST Microelectronics;Printer Division
adr:;;via Tolomeo, 1;Cornaredo (MI);;20010;ITALY
version:2.1
email;internet:armando.visconti@st.com
title:SW Engineer
fn:Armando Visconti