Re: config question for tx49 linker script

Gary D. Thomas wrote:
On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 14:23, Andy Dyer wrote:

Looking at the linker script in
hal/packages/mips/tx49/v2_0/src/mips_tx49.ld

it has the following:

#if defined(EXTRAS) && defined(CYGPKG_IO)
INPUT(extras.o)
#endif

none of the other scripts in mips-land has the "&& defined(CYGPKG_IO)" in there. I believe this is causing my minimal redboot to link without the stuff in extras. Is this just bogus?

It does seem to be the only aberration!  Try it without and see if
it helps whatever issues you are having.  If it does, please send a
patch.

I recall it was meant to be a workaround for a linker bug, I think involving an empty extras.o in an eCos configuration rather than redboot. I don't have tx49 tools to test, but Andy may want to try it with the aberration removed and with an eCos configuration without CYGPKG_IO to make an "empty" extras.o to see if this has since been fixed.