Re: JFFS2 Garbage Collection Error?

On Sat, 2003-07-12 at 23:55, Scott Wilkinson wrote:
> If, for testing purposes, I compile eCos using the linux rbtree.[ch]
> instead of the eCos/OpenBSD port, my JFFS2 stuff works (and very well so
> far I might add!).

I note the trees dumped before the call to rb_erase() and the crash are
identical in the Linux and eCos versions -- it doesn't seem to be an
error in _building_ the tree, only removing stuff from it.

I note further that your test case also works if I take the Linux
rb_erase() function and drop it into the BSD/eCos rbtree.c, adjusting
name and order of rb_remove_color() and its arguments respectively.

Since most of my (albeit limited) rbtree-clue comes from staring at the
GPl'd Linux code, I suspect it's not a great idea for me to 'fix' it
myself. Please do be aware if you take the short-term 'fix' of using the
GPL'd Linux version that this does mean you need to obey the GPL.

--
dwmw2