Re: Problems building Redboot for IQ80321

John Clark said:
> Within the last two days I've checked out the most recent 'ecos'
> sources from
> the sources.redhat.com CVS site.
>
> When building redboot for the iq80321 target, the compilation fails
> when attempting to compile vectors.S. The reason is that in the
> included file,
>
> hal_platform_setup.h
>
> there is a '0' character at the start of a line around line 950 of the
> file. It appears to be a spurious character, and not a badly defined
> local label.
>
> By removing this character the build successfully completes with
> a usable redboot rom.
>
> Unfortunately in my haste to get a monitor built, I did not
> note the exact line location. However, the vi command /^0
> will find the offending line.

This is hard to believe since that same file (vectors.S) is shared
by all ARM platforms.  I just tried it here with the latest public
tree and there was no problem.

How did you check out the files?
Have you tried removing the bad file and restoring it from CVS?