Re: SID Simulator building

On Fri, 2003-02-21 at 04:42, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> sachin k wrote:
> > Hello,
> >    Can somebody help me in building the sid simulator for an arm board.
> > I have downloaded the latest sid snapshot from the ftp site of redhat.
> > ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/sid/snapshots
> >  I am facing problems when I try to build it.
>
> You should ask about this on the SID list. They should be able to help you
> there.
>
>  > Are there any other
> > simulators on which I can test my eCos (built fo SNDS 100 samsung arm
> > board).
>
> mips-tx39-elf (for the jmr3904 board) and mn10300-elf (for the stdeval1
> board) supply built-in simulators, but it's been a while since we've used
> those.
>
> There's also the powerpc simulator with the powerpc-eabi target, where you
> can use the psim eCos target, although that's not a board level simulator.

Note: from this list, one can see that
  * simulators for all platforms do not necessarily exist
  * getting a simulator, of any flavor, for a particular platform
    can be a lot of work if it doesn't already exist.

So, Mr. Sachin (I can't really tell what your name is), in
order to get a simulator for the SNDS board, you'll probably
have to build SID.  I'm pretty sure that this board is not
one that SID supports "off the shelf", so you'll have to
create it.  This is not a "configure and make" proposition,
but rather something that can take many man weeks or even
months.

--
|       Mind: Embedded Linux and eCos Development        |