Re: DW_AT_base_types

Michael Eager wrote :-

> I don't know of any implementation which uses DW_AT_base_types.  It
> was proposed to solve a problem which, it appears, no one really
> finds all that pressing.  This makes discussion of what and how it
> really works or should work a bit vague.

Maybe this is a reason to deprecate it in our revision of DWARF 2 ?

(Do we have a way to do that ?)

If no-one is producing it (and I, also have never seen anyone do so),
_and_ we don't know how it should work, those seem like good reasons
for suggesting that producers prbably shouldn't use it...

-- Jim

James Cownie	<jcownie@etnus.com>
Etnus, Inc.     +44 117 9071438
http://www.etnus.com