This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the DocBook project.
[docbook] guidelines on accepting RFEs for DocBook
- From: Nancy P Harrison <nancyph at us dot ibm dot com>
- To: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
- Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 16:50:18 -0500
- Subject: [docbook] guidelines on accepting RFEs for DocBook
- Reply-to: Nancy P Harrison <nancyph at us dot ibm dot com>
[I was asked to wordsmith guidelines
on this topic for this meeting]
The DocBook Technical Committee, as
part of its commitment to maintaining DocBook, responds to Requests for
Enhancement (RFEs) submitted by the DocBook user community. The likelihood
that a submitted RFE will be implemented is determined by the degree to
which it meets the following criteria:
change is within the scope of the TC's charter.
b. The change is consistent with the existing DocBook
c. The change is beneficial to the community of users.
The implication of criterion
(c) is that if only one user or company needs a particular change, the
TC is likely to recommend a local customization to acheive the desired
We can discuss this at the
IBM Rational Software