This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the DocBook project.
Re: [docbook] marking up reserved words
- From: Wolfgang Jeltsch <wolfgang at jeltsch dot net>
- To: DocBook List <docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org>
- Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 21:28:39 +0100
- Subject: Re: [docbook] marking up reserved words
- References: <200411041818.iA4IIeRQ202376@mailhost.bostream.com>
Am Donnerstag, 4. November 2004 19:18 schrieb Mauritz Jeanson:
> Hello Bob,
> How about <token>?
Not so good, in my opinion. From "DocBook: The Definitive Guide 2.0.10
A Token identifies a unit of information. Usually, âtokensâ are the result
of some processing pass that has performed lexical analysis and divided a
data set into the smallest units of information used for subsequent
So token elements in DocBook are mostly for tokens which are output by a
lexer. These cover reserved words but cover also several other kinds of
data. That's why I think that the token element is not so appropriate.