This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the DocBook project.
Re: [docbook] Re: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 20May 2003
- From: Tobias Reif <tobiasreif at pinkjuice dot com>
- To: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
- Cc: Jirka Kosek <jirka at kosek dot cz>, Norman Walsh <ndw at nwalsh dot com>
- Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 11:55:26 +0200
- Subject: Re: [docbook] Re: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 20May 2003
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <3ECA8398.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <3F891A9B.email@example.com>
Jirka Kosek wrote:
> Norman Walsh wrote:
>> | But SGML has no namespaces AFAIK. I think instead of
>> | <sgmltag namespace="http://foobar">...
>> | I'd like to see
>> | <xmltag namespace="http://foobar">...
>> | or
>> | <elementname namespace="http://foobar">...
>> Yes, we should have added xmltag or renamed sgmltag years ago. But we
>> didn't. And that's a separate RFE :-)
> I was reading XML-REC yesterday to refresh it in my memory and it
> reminded me this "xmltag" issue...
> Unfortunatelly, "xmltag" is not valid name for element according to
> the XML Recommendation:
> I'm personally OK with "sgmltag" element name, but if there is need
> for something more XML related, different name must be chosen: mltag,
> tagxml, tag?
.. or "xmtag", "elementname", "elementxml"? Naming is difficult ...
To unsubscribe from this list, send a post to firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit http://www.oasis-open.org/mlmanage/.