This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the DocBook project.
RE: [docbook] XML > FO > PDF output and informaltable frame="none"
- From: Jeff Beal <jeff dot beal at ansys dot com>
- To: 'Oliver Fischer' <plexus at snafu dot de>, docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
- Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 08:58:45 -0400
- Subject: RE: [docbook] XML > FO > PDF output and informaltable frame="none"
The frame attribute only controls the outer border for the table. The inner
borders are controlled by the rowsep and colsep attributes, which default to
1. (according to the OASIS table model specification at
http://www.oasis-open.org/specs/tm9901.html and the earlier CALS
specification) So, set rowsep=0 and colsep=0 on your informaltable.
<note>If using the DocBook XSL Stylesheets to generate HTML, the frame
attribute (incorrectly) controls all cell borders unless you turn on the
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Oliver Fischer [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
> Sent: Friday, October 03, 2003 5:14 AM
> To: email@example.com
> Subject: [docbook] XML > FO > PDF output and informaltable
> I have a dokument with an informal table, which I use for formatting
> purposes. Although I set frame="none" I always get a table,
> whose inner
> cells have a right border.
> I think this is a bug in the stylesheets.
> May someone can help me or can review the stylesheets?
> Oliver Fischer
> To unsubscribe from this list, send a post to
To unsubscribe from this list, send a post to firstname.lastname@example.org.