Re: Which attribute to use for context-sensitive help?

There are a few problems with that approach.

One is that the developers supply the context ID.  We have experimented
before with both (a) the writers writing material first, and supplying the
context ID (element ID attribute) to the developers, and (b) designing
conventions so the writers know what context ID the developers will choose.
In the end, however, the extra level of indirection provides a flexibility
that helps.

I have to admit that I stumbled across another issue that answers your
question, but may also scupper the approach I was going to take. That is,
several context IDs may point to the same topic. So we may go with
maintaining an external text file of mappings in the end.

Tom

                    Norman Walsh
                    <ndw@nwalsh.co       To:     Tom.Slee@sybase.com
                    m>                   cc:     docbook@lists.oasis-open.org