From: Norman Walsh [mailto:ndw@nwalsh.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2001 9:31 AM
To: DOCBOOK Discussion List
Subject: DOCBOOK: Re: Markup of Thesaurus [maybe off-topic]

/ Trevor Jenkins <trevor.jenkins@suneidesis.com> was heard to say:
| This posting maybe off topic for this list, if so forgive me and try to
| point me to the right place. But after looking through DB:TDG I can't find
| anything in DocBook that I can use to markup thesaurus files. That is
| thesaurus lists as used by information scientists (as per BS 5723:1987 aka
| ANSI/NIST Z39.19-1993 aka ISO 2788-1986) rather than simple synonym lists
| like Roget's Thesaurus.

None of those standards rings a bell. Can you point us to some
examples of this sort of thesaurus?

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Everything we love, no doubt, will
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | pass away, perhaps tomorrow,
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | perhaps a thousand years hence.