This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the DocBook project.
Re: What should a <sidebar> look like?
- From: Norman Walsh <ndw at nwalsh dot com>
- To: docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
- Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 07:26:37 -0500
- Subject: DOCBOOK: Re: What should a <sidebar> look like?
- References: <996F675E-F32C-11D5-B408-000393567E34@uwaterloo.ca>
/ Jason Foster <email@example.com> was heard to say:
| I had this crazy idea that the <sidebar> element would be appropriate. It'
| s not perfect, as I don't think a <sidebar> can be a child of a <para>
No, what you really have there is marginalia, not sidebars. I agree
with Yann that the most appropriate markup is probably <footnote
role="marginalia"> or something like that. I don't know of any
SGML/XML publishing systems that support marginalia, however.
Be seeing you,
Norman Walsh <firstname.lastname@example.org> | As charms are nonsense, nonsense
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | is a charm.--Benjamin Franklin
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee |