Re: Elements and attributes (was Re: XML Schemas and docbookdocuments)

/ Dave Pawson <daveP@dpawson.freeserve.co.uk> was heard to say:
| What about a list of tokens that contain chars such as caf&eacute;
| ?
| Surely we can't rule those out just because English doesn't use them?

No, but we don't have to. If &eacute; is in the character set of the
encoding that you use (and surely if you work in French, you want it
to be), you can just use the character. If &eacute; isn't in your
character set, you can still use &#x????;.

The point really is the reverse, if you specify a list of tokens that
happen to be US ASCII, no one will ever need to put &eacute; in it (or
bidi or ruby).

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | All passions exaggerate: it is
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | only because they exaggerate that
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | they are passions.--Chamfort