Re: [ #456174 ] Req: a <YearRange> within <copyright>

/ Yann Dirson <ydirson@alcove.fr> was heard to say:
| From your description of the feature I infer it just merges
| consecutive years, so that the following can be produced - right ?
|
| >   Copyright (C) 1956, 1962, 1998-2001

Yes. Either by enabling make.year.ranges and specifying:

  <copyright>
    <year>1956</year>
    <year>1962</year>
    <year>1998</year>
    <year>1999</year>
    <year>2000</year>
    <year>2001</year>
  </copyright>

or by leaving it disabled and specifying:

  <copyright>
    <year>1956</year>
    <year>1962</year>
    <year>1998-2001</year>
  </copyright>

Your choice.

| Do you have plans to extent the DSSSL stylesheets in the same way ?
| More generally, what is your policy regarding the dsssl and xsl
| stylesheets ?

That's an interesting question. It's probably pretty clear that my
primary focus these days is on the XSL stylesheets. If I had more
time, I'd be more diligent about keeping the stylesheets in parallel.

All I can say for the moment is that I've recorded the feature in SF
and I will do it myself eventually. But I don't know when. Others are
free to contribute patches, naturally :-), and several members of the
SF team are still quite DSSSL-focused so they may get to it before I
do.

| Anyway it'd be useless to discuss it as long as a DTD is the
| authoritative definition of DocBook.  Maybe when we come to some
| schema...

I don't actually see how that's relevant...

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Time is a great teacher, but
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | unfortunately it kills all its
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | pupils.--Berlioz