Re: Java applets

e.berres@t-online.de wrote:

> Kai.Sauerland@t-online.de (Kai Sauerland) was heard to say:
> | How can Java applets took place in my document. What tags are needed.
>
> I´ve got the same problem:
>
> I´m parsing .xml files with your website.dtd to *.html files and I want
> to include Java applets in the generated *html files.
> How do I manage this?

There are many ways. If want to include Java applet on each generated
page, you should customize website sytlesheet. If you want to insert
Java applet only into some specific page and don't want to modify DTD,
you can use following trick with PI. Into your website XML pages put
something like this:

<?java <applet ...>There is Java-applet in Java ready
browsers</applet>?>

And add simple template to website stylesheets to pass this code
directly into HTML output.

<xsl:template match="processing-instruction('java')">
  <xsl:value-of select="." disable-output-escaping="yes"/>
</xsl:template>

If you won't get any output from this, try to enclose <?java ...?> in
para or something like this.

Much more clean would be probably customize website DTD to include
html:applet element also, which would be then directly passed into
output HTML.