Re: What am I doing wrong?

> From: "Skinner, Reed" <Reed.Skinner@eclipsys.com>
>
> I hope this is the right list for this question. It's probably a dumb
> question, but I can't seem to get any of my documents to list the section
> numbers. For example, normally you would have something like the following:
>
> 1.  Section1
>   1.1 ...
>   1.2 ...
>   1.3 ...
> 2. Section2
>   2.1 ...
>   2.1 ...
>
> and so on. I can get the document to list the number of the main sections
> (1. Section1, etc.) but any individual sections I create under that aren't
> being listed with a 1.1 or 1.2, etc. Could someone point a complete newbie
> to the right syntax for getting this accomplished? I'm using Emacs 20.7
> under both Windows and Solaris with XAE installed, which I believe it uses
> Saxon to transform to HTML.

I don't use XAE, but I know it uses Norm's XSL stylesheets
to transform Docbook.  Its documentation is available at:

http://www.nwalsh.com/docbook/xsl/doc/

and the section on "Customizing DocBook XSL stylesheets"
tells you how to set parameters.
In your case, you need to create a stylesheet driver
file and set a couple of parameters:

<xsl:param name="section.autolabel" select="1"/>
If true (non-zero), unlabeled sections will be enumerated.

<xsl:param name="section.label.includes.component.label" select="1"/>
If true (non-zero), section labels are prefixed with the
label of the component that contains them.

That will number your sections the way you want them.

bobs
The Santa Cruz Operation, Inc.              fax:   (831) 429-1887
                                            email: bobs@sco.com